RM Sotheby’s official catalogue for their upcoming Arizona 2016 auction was officially released. The event will take place on the 28-29 January 2016, and is sure to attract plenty of attention, especially given the jaw dropping array of cars.
Among the best examples that will be for sale on this prestigious auction there are:
1. A 1962 Maserati 5000 GT Coupe by Allemano - it is an extremely rare car. It has traditional, elegant coupe styling with a low coupe roofline and narrow rear window. The estimate is $1,500,000 – $2,000,000.
2. A 1929 Duesenberg Model J Disappearing Top Torpedo Convertible Coupe by Murphy - nobody will be able to ignore this custom vehicle. It is one of six Disappearing Top Torpedo Convertible Coupe’s and one of only four with original coachwork. The others sit in private collections or as museum pieces which means that we might never get to see another for sale for quite some time. RM Sotheby’s estimate is $3,000,000 – $3,500,000.
3. A 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra - this is the headline American lot of the auction. It features 620 brake horsepower from a true 427 cubic inches and a race weight of 2,420 lbs. RM Sotheby’s estimate it will go for $2,500,000 – $3,300,000.
4. 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Torpedo Sports by Barker - in true Rolls-Royce fashion, this unique coach built Phantom II was originally delivered to a Maharaja. The rear features a partial boat tail covered by plank hardwood, estimated at a cool $2,500,000 – $3,500,000.
5. 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV by Bertone - this Miura was originally painted Bleu Medio by the factory for its US customer. It spent time in Japan more recently, it has since returned to the US. It is a single sump car, one of just 11 which makes this a rarer car than most others.
RM Sotheby’s have over 90 lots on offer, so that there are plenty of other impressive cars to take a look at.